Monday, March 22, 2010

The Daffodil Garden

On Friday Christie and I decided to take the kiddos to Gladewater to Mrs. Lee's Daffodil Garden. We dressed them up and were going to attempt to get some pictures. Let's face it we would have been okay with even ONE good picture.



We had been instructed at the entrance only stop in designated areas and don't step on the flowers. Which we were happy to abide by. Once we got the the area that you could take pictures, we got the kiddo together and CAREFULLY weaved our way into the perfect spot. Suddenly I hear "MAM, Mam!" Uh? Are you talking to me? "Mam, you have to get out of the flowers!!" OKAY, Okay. We had not harmed one flower, but excuse me I drove here for some pics and I'm not leaving without them. He told me we had to stay on the edge of the flowers, you can't walk amongst them even if you are careful. FINE!!! So we obeyed the rules and tried to get some pics; while dodging bull nettle, ants, and itchy grass. You can guess how this went.........NOT WELL!!!










The Daffodil garden is very beautiful and a great place for pictures, that is if you have children who cooperate while taking photos! HA HA! Christie and I gave up and both breathed a, "well next year will be better." Here's hoping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment