Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Last weekend at the beach house

This past weekend we were at the beach......

it was a GREAT time, but VERY sad at the same time!

My parents recently had an offer to sell their beach house, which we all LOVE!! My Dad accepted the offer, which meant leaving our first beach house. cue the tears!!

The good news is that we already had a beach front lot right down the street from our old beach house, and my parents can now build their dream beach house!! YEA!!! Another plus is that we had the beach house ALL summer. We are coming into the off season, perfect time to build the new one and it will hopefully be ready by the beginning of next summer!!





We have all become pretty good beach bums over these past few years, and it is hard not having a beach house, but it is only temporary!! I know quit whining Kelly!! Snap out of it! Ha! Mom my is really having a hard time with it, she LOVES the beach!! I think building a new house will keep her time occupied, maybe!?!



This will be the view off of our new house's front porch!



Our beautiful Beach Babies!!









It was a great weekend FULL of memories that we will always have!! We have been so blessed to call the beach our second home! Our first beach house holds so many memories of summer fun, kiddos, great meals and togetherness! It was a great house to call our FIRST beach house. It survived one of the most damaging storms, hurricane IKE. It will truly be missed!! I am so thankful for the time spent at the beach and look forward to the new memories we will create.









My Mom, Christie, the kiddos and I all headed home on Sunday in tears. It was pretty silly, or so my Dad thought. HA!! Just emotional women! I am already missing the beach, so hurry up with that house Big B!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment