Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day!

We had a great Valentine's Day!! Barrett and Ryan surprised me with some roses and a balloon. Barrett also insisted that I have a teddy bear with my flowers. Barrett could hardly hold in the surprise, he kept telling me "mommy we have a surprise for you!" He would have given it away any other day, because I sure was not expecting a florist to deliver on Sunday!!






We started the day off with the PW's homemade doughnuts. I have no idea why I decided to take these on. It was a two day process, but I finished them. They were good. Let me state for the record that it is a whole lot easier to run down to the "Doughnut Palace". Which I will be doing from now on!!!!



Just get ready this entire day revolved around food, I know horrible. I will be cursing myself all week!!!

For lunch Ryan's parents, Uncle KoKo and his friend Gunnar joined us.

I made the PW's Rosemary Au Gratin Potatoes...........





The Neely's Bacon and Cheese Grits.................




I also made sauteed collard greens and crunch onion chicken. Oh my goodness were we full. I almost made myself sick on the grits.

The boys played outside with Barrett which he loved! And Jack hung out with Nana and PawPaw. They gave Jack this bear that he loves it bounces around and says "I love you, I love you!" He has literally not put it down.

After they all headed home it was time for me to start dinner, I told you it was a day full of food!

For dinner my entire meal was from.....surprise, surprise! The Pioneer Woman!!

We had........

Caesar Salad




With Rib eye Steak & Whiskey Cream Gravy!



Please DO try this at home it was marvelous!! Side note I am not a big fan of a rib eye. So next time I'm trying it with a filet, my personal fav.

Finally the Pièce de résistance!

PW's Baked Fudge



It was a wonderful day spent with my three favorite Valentine's!!!! Love my boys!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Why am I suddenly starving after reading this...haha! Your flowers were gorgeous! I would love to do your boys cards next year or any time. Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete