Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pumpkin Patch field trip

Ryan and I had to leave Dallas bright and early Friday morning, but I didn't leave before I made one last stop, Panera! We are finally getting a Panera in Tyler, it's being built now, but I hadn't had it in forever!! We headed to Canton to meet Barrett's class for a field trip to the pumpkin patch. Ryan had a friend bring him a car and most importantly Jack, so Ryan drove back to work and Jack and I enjoyed to field trip with Barrett. I asked Ryan to ask our friend Robert how Jack did on the ride with him. Robert said he was great they "talked about hunting" and enjoyed the ride, ha!! The first graders from CSE and VPE were all together at Yesterland Farms in Canton. It is a Christmas tree farm/ pumpkin patch/ carnival!! It is a really cute place!!

Jack and I waiting for B's class to arrive......
Barrett's class was THE last class of the buses, I thought for a while there that they weren't coming!! They finally arrived and the fun began!!

Mrs. Cantrell's First grade class!!

Sack races were first up!! Go B!!!

Some views from around the farm......

The first ride of the day! Army trucks complete with guns, how fitting! They LOVED it!!
Next ups old fashioned water pump duck races.
Barrett was tired of "having to ride with his brother", so sweet Will gladly rode with Jack!! So cute!!

We had a hayride where we toured the whole farm, there was a great corn maze. We didn't get to do it that day, maybe next time!

Next up, Santa's sleigh ride roller coaster, so we are a little ahead of the season, kids didn't seem to mind. HA!! Barrett opted out on this ride, he is not a huge fan of "roller coasters", Jack on the other hand was READY!! He rode with Ryder and Thomas in the very front!!! The kid never fails to surprise me!!
Wheeeee!!!! He loved it!! I asked Ryder is he was scared and he said, NO!! HA!! Love his sense of adventure!!
The kiddos had a few more activities, like a GIANT bouncy slide which Jack also did, and a petting zoo. To end the day the kids got to choose a pumpkin and decorate it.

It was a very busy, but FUN day!! I So enjoyed spending a beautiful day with my sweet boys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment