Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cooking and B's garden

We had a fairly calm Wednesday around here. We made a trip to Brookshire's for some cooking I was doing. Luckily the "little buggy" was already in use by some other poor mother, so I avoided that!

As I had mentioned earlier in the week, the loss of our Nannie Murphy. We had some sprays and flowers that the family gave us. B decided to make a "garden" with some of the flowers, he took out of an arrangement. I tried to explain to him that they wouldn't grow, but he was not interested in hearing it.





So he planted his "garden" which has know been moved around numerous times. He even put a little soil around each one. He was telling me "Mom now that it raining they are gonna grow even bigger!"

The rest of our day I spent cooking! On rainy, muggy days I find it so therapeutic to stay home and cook. I began the day by starting the PW's Braised Beef Brisket, which has to marinate for 48 hours. Since that couldn't be eaten the same day I decided to make PW's Comfort Meatballs and Cheese Grits. The cheese grits, OHHHHHH they were "sublime" to quote the PW. Christie and Mary Michael came over to try the grits. Mary Michael was loving them!!!





B tried to open a snack for the kiddos and ended up spilling them all over the floor. But having Mary Michael over sure helped with the clean up!! Are her eyes not the most gorgeous thing ever?



We ended the day with a trip to Sam's for diapers. We made it home just in time for some crazy weather. We had numerous tornado reports and hail in our area. I was on edge with all the reports of hail, hail is one of our worst enemies being in the car business and all!! I know there was some damage in Canton, I haven't watched this morning to see any other reports, but last night there were no reports of any injuries which is so wonderful!!! Hope everyone has a super Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment