Friday, November 18, 2011

Boys Birthday Party at Rough Creek

Saturday November 12th was the boys birthday party at Rough Creek. I was up bright and early and couldn't resist this beautiful sunrise. We had all been looking so forward to this day for so long. It was also the first time most of our friends came to Rough Creek, so it was technically a bday party/housewarming.

I could not believe it was finally "finished", well I'm not sure it will ever be truly finished there always seems to be some project. Ryan's Mom brought us a few housewarming gifts. This sign is just perfect, we love it Nana!!
Nana also made they boys some precious name plates, the were perfect for the playhouse!
Here is sweet B-man all camo painted up, ready to party! How are you 7 years old Dude?!?
Jack ready for the festivities too!! My sweet 3 year old boy!!
It was a beautiful day, the only problem was that the wind was blowing literally about 20 MPH. I mean seriously!! My tables and decorations were being beat down with storm grade winds, but we made it work.
We had hotdogs and a bunch of snacky appetizers. I made these cute cookies from pintrest, they were originally Rudolph cookies, but I made them just plain deer.
The boys cake turned out cute, it was what else, CAMO!!

My birthday boys! They look just beside themselves huh?? HA!! Thanks for the smiles boys.
As soon as the kiddos arrived they hit the pond. I could see the fear in the Mom's faces, ha!! I assured them that the red dirt would come out and they relaxed, a little. The kids were running around like crazy, exploring everything.

Time for a Hayride!!



All the Mom's enjoying some girl time during the extra long hayride.
Next was the birthday cake. Now nevermind that I forgot the candles, a sparkler worked just fine!! No those kids are not the birthday boys, I some how managed to NOT get them in the picture??

Finally....it was present time! It was a frenzy of tissue paper!! Christie and I did our best to keep the gifts straight. Let me just say, doing gifts for two kids at a time is challenging to say the least. AHHH!!!
Shi' Shi' and I. So we were both feeling Missoni that evening, not planned, HA!

Next up.... Smores time! What a mess, there was stickiness everywhere!!!! I just noticed that B is roasting like 20 marshmallows in this picture. WHO knows?!?

The kiddos ended the night in the giant bounce house. It was such a fun night!! The kids had a blast and were completly filthy by the end of the night. I would say the party was a HUGE success!! Thanks to everyone who made the long drive out to Rough Creek!

My sweet B and I, he was worn out!
I also need to say a HUGE thanks to my sweet husband who made all of this possible! He worked SO hard to get Rough Creek ready for the party. It was such an awesome night!!
Let me also add that after reviewing my pictures from that night I will be hiring a photographer next time. That is all! HA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment