Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ranger Game

This past Saturday we took Barrett, Paw Paw and Uncle Kolby to the Ranger's game.



Barrett was very excited about the game, or it might have been the cotton candy, popcorn and souvenirs he knew would be there! HA!





We got there early enough so that Barrett could try and get some autographs. Luckily our seats were right at the first base line and the dugout where they guys sign. Barrett and I waited in the line for awhile, until he decided he was just to hungry to wait in the line anymore!



Turns out because of a special presentation before the game the team was not signing that day, so it's a good thing we didn't stand in that line forever!!

Before the game we saw the cutest little boy, about Jack's age playing out on the field. Then I looked over and saw Nolan Ryan standing out there watching him play. It must have been his grandson. It was so cute. Then PawPaw pointed out that there was another celeb hanging out with Nolan Ryan; it was Charlie Pride.



We started talking to the couple sitting next to us, they were season ticket holders. She asked me if I had heard about the poor gentleman that fell from the upper deck at Thursdays game. I had heard and read about his fall, thankfully he was doing well and had even been released from the hospital. For those who haven't heard. A young man was reaching over to try and catch a foul ball and he fell into the seats below. The couple asked me to look at my seat. I could see that my seat bottom was different from all the others. She said that I was sitting in the seat that he fell into! It was a little surreal, out of all the seat in the stadium, that I would be in that one.



I think Barrett whacked everyone around us with this foam finger! He had so much fun, I think his favorite part was doing the wave!



The Ranger's didn't win the game, but it was a great time for all of us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment