Saturday, September 10, 2011

Creation Station at CSE

During that busy first week of school Leslie and I were asked to redo the Science/Art lab at our kiddos elementary school. We were so excited to get going and make the plain room something great for all the kids!!

Here is what we had to start with.

Leslie and I had a fun shopping/dinner GNO with our principal in Tyler to get all the supplies for the room and it was such a fun night!
We got started on the room and we had a plan! We had some help from some of the fabulous teachers and staff and doing the room was more fun than work!!


We needed some "man help" and after discovering that my husband who I had already volunteered was busy, I called my friend/builder Mike Nance who graciously helped us out!! Thanks Mike!!

Leslie and I each made a wreath for the doors, I did the art side, hence the crayon wreath.

Leslie did the science themed wreath, they both turned out super cute!!

I showed all the girls how to make these tissue pom poms and we had everyone who walked in making them!! It was pretty funny!

We made a big tree in the corner and used the tissue balls for the green in it. We also put creative words on the wall with surrounding a quote.

We thought this idea would be a great way to display the kids artwork, there are clothes pins on twine to hang the art on. We gussied up all the bulletin boards and added a large flower in the corner. It's amazing what a tissue pom can do!! HA!!


Leslie had her "big shot" machine and we made the cut out flowers for the cup on the table, they turned out just fabulous!! Love!!

Belinda let us go get our boys early from class to show them all the work we had done, they were SO excited about it!! Two sweet boys!!

Here is almost a full room shot! It turned out just great!! We are hoping all the students find it inspiring and fun to work and learn in!! I know Leslie and I loved it! If you are having a bad day walk in this room, I promise it will make you smile!!

It was such fun to do this room, we had a ball creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment