Monday, June 29, 2009

Splash Parks, Manual Labor and A Special Treat!!

So this is going to be a big wrap up post for a few days. I have been so tired at night after the kids go down, and since that is blogging time, I haven't posted lately. On Friday, Leeanne H., Christie, Mims, Barrett, Jack and I all headed to Splash Kingdom in Canton. I had never been there and I didn't know what to expect. I wasn't sure if it would be a "wannabe water park", but much to my surprise it was wonderful! Barrett loved it! It was sooo hot and I was Melllting! Oh the things you do for your kids. And poor Leeanne, she was so sweet to come with us; she helped me out a ton!!








As you can tell the little ones really didn't care where we were as long as they could rest. Pardon my child in only a swim diaper. He really had a cute swim suit on but I had just changed him. Bad Mommy. Note to self: I thought I was doing a good deed by renting a Cabana so the babies would have shade. I told the clerk I wanted a cabana by the kiddie area so I could watch Barrett. She told me that is where they were, all was well. Until.... What..... The Cabana's were behind everything at the back of the park. I was really upset I could have saved my sixty bucks and just parked under the umbrellas for alot cheaper. Now I know.

In other happenings my child loves to work outside. Literally I have never seen another child like him. He wakes up and comes out of his room fully dressed, ready to work. I thought I would note this so that when he is an unruly teenager and I can't even get him to mow the yard, I will have proof. There was a time when I couldn't keep him inside. He cries if it's raining and I won't let him go out. His only complaint is recently, "Mom I am sweating bullets!" Don't worry that doesn't stop him. He are a few shots of my Working Man!





Kelly from Kelly's Korner Blog recently posted about some wonderful Cinnamon Rolls she had from the Pioneer Woman. Kelly had a link to the recipe so I thought I would make them. Well let me start off by saying homemade cinnamon rolls are an undertaking. But they were well worth the effort. It may have taken a day and a half, but I'm sure the neighborhood was grateful. The recipe makes a ton so I took a few pans to the neighbors. You can check out the recipe at the Pioneer Woman Cooks blog.



Warning: If you choose to make these Cinnamon Rolls be ready to give them away, because if you don't.... I won't be held responsible for the extra pounds! They are heaven, Melt in your mouth. I should send this recipe in to Paula Deen with all the butter these have. Enjoy!!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment