Sunday, May 17, 2009

Shreveport Weekend!

We had a great weekend! Friday we headed down to Shreveport with the kids and my parents. Ryan and I were meeting some friends and going to the Kenny Chesney concert. My parents said they would keep the kids. Then my Dad suggested that they come too and we could eat at one of our favorite restaurants the Superior Grill, and then they would keep the kids in the hotel while we went to the concert.

They have the best Margaritas Ever!! Love them. So we went and ate and took my parents back to the hotel. Barrett thought it was so much fun he loves hotels. He said to me "Mom, This is Jack's first time in a hotel. I think he's gonna love it."


The concert was amazing. Kenny is a wonderful performer. I don't think he stopped once during that concert. We also got to see Miranda Lambert. Just got to love the hometown girl! She even mentioned our little town during the concert, so cute!



On Saturday Ryan wanted to take the boys to Bass Pro Shop there in Shreveport. It is kind of fun because they have a little alligator exhibit that Barrett likes. " Hmm.... Isn't it great being the only girl in the family; Bass Pro, my favorite place." LOL.



Barrett is such a Daddy's boy. This weekend at Bass Pro he actually had a meltdown when Ryan walked away from us. It is so funny because just recently he has become so attached to his Daddy. My Dad was telling me stories of him just flipping out while Ryan had stepped away to do something. I had never seen this happen in the flesh, until this weekend. We were upstairs at Bass Pro and to get down with the stroller we had to take the elevator. Ryan said " ya'll go on down, I'm going to take the stairs." (Meaning I want to look at something else; go on take the kids and all the merchandise and pay for it, and I'll be down in a minute.) So Barrett just hopped the elevator to look down into the aquarium and when the doors shut, he was like "Where is my Daddy?" I said "Barrett he is walking down the stairs he'll meet us down there." Immediately tears well up. I can't belive this after all I am only his Mother. The woman he spends every hour, of every day with. So by the time the elevator stops he is in panic mode. People are looking at me like I have abducted this child. I was mortified. Finally Ryan shows up and I'm like thanks so much for that. But overall it was a great time. But I was really tired and glad to be home!!


So here is the cute little boy I found in Bass Pro Shop, Uh Hmm.. I mean my son.

post signature


1 comment:

  1. We do not hunt nor fish...though my boys would love to there daddy just is not into that...but we love going to the BAss Pro shop! Have you all eaten at the restaurant?? The on here the boys love because of the larger than life aquarium and sharks hanging from the ceiling. We are hoping they have one by the new house but I don't think they do.

    ReplyDelete