Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend!!

Well it has been awhile since my last post. We had been at the beach since last Tuesday! We had a great time in Port Bolivar. Every time I go it looks better. It is truly amazing how far the coast has come back since Hurricane Ike. My Parents house is back to normal and so is most of our neighborhood. Memorial Weekend marks the beginning of summer and I am so glad it's here!

On Thursday we headed to Galveston via the Ferry. How is a ride that I dread, the only reason my son wants to go to Galveston. I was anxious to see the strand, as I had not been since Ike. One of my favorite stores Tina's was reopening and I wanted to pay them a visit.

Here are the Kiddos on the Strand!!


While on the strand Barrett had to have some ice cream. My mom took him into a fudge shop to get some. While waiting in line one of the clerks dropped a glass lid onto the floor and some glass sliced my Mom's foot. The man said "Oh sorry, well you can have your cone for free." Gee thanks!!

The beach is still dirty. There is so much debris still washing up and the lovely sea weed was there. But the kids don't mind. Barrett was into his usual digging holes. It was Jack's first time in the sand and he really enjoyed it.



I love how kids can just fall asleep anywhere.(most of the time) Both of the boys ended up napping on the beach, they were so sweet and peaceful.




We had such a good time! Beautiful weather and good times were had by all! I am really thankful that the peninsula is making a comeback!

Here are my princes' before dinner at Coconuts!! I know my boys will hate me later but I just love dressing them alike. I can't help it!! So cute!! It must be a Southern thing. Oh well, they are only little once.



post signature

1 comment:

  1. I know that all my kids are going to hate me too for coordinating their cloting so often.....but *I* will be able to look back at the pictures and enjoy the crazy coordiation that just makes me happy. =)

    ReplyDelete