Thursday, May 14, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday




Okay, so on this Show us where you live Friday guest room editon I will be showing you our playroom. This use to be our guest room until my second child came along. Everyone always says "Why don't you just not have a playroom and keep it for a guestroom?" My answer is that I hate toys, and they do not belong in my living room, den, kitchen, etc. So the only option is a playroom. And here it is.



The room is small so I chose to use a daybed to save space. I also like that it has a matress cover instead of bedding so the kiddos don't unmake the bed all the time.






I don't allow the boys to have t.v.'s in their rooms, but I do have one in the playroom. I do have to say though my son does not like t.v., he would much rather be outside. At first I thought "This is great, he won't be glued to the t.v.!" But now even when I want him to sit down and watch a movie while I get things done, no such luck. Anyhoo I love this t.v. cabinet because it is the first real piece of furniture Ryan and I bought together. We bought it in Kerrville, TX on one of our trips to plan our wedding there.



Sorry this room isn't more fun, it is where all the lovely toys and junk go!! Notice the B.B. gun in the corner, no it's not loaded. Believe it or not I got this at my baby shower! That's Texas for ya! Thanks for looking in on us!!





post signature

11 comments:

  1. Great use of space! I love the bedding and the polka dot wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the polka dot wall!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute…. what a lovely post on Boys Bedding!! I too Boys Bedding have recently shopped at Spacify for them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very pretty bed linens. I know what you mean about the BB gun. Everyone in my family receives one at birth, not to be touched until age 5 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your daybed and the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all so pretty!
    You are a great decorator.

    Your two boys are precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your daybed! Great room! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need a daybed . . .
    :-) I like your room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the polka dot wall. I did those in my sons room. Did you paint them your seif?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! And I am also a FAN of playrooms!! Thank goodness we have enough "rooms" to spare one for a playroom. It's so nice to say, "take it to the playroom". :) Also, I didn't know there was a such thing as a matress "cover"...how ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love the polka dots!!!!

    ReplyDelete