Sunday, September 16, 2012

Vegas & Nashville

On Sunday September 9th, Ryan and I left for two business trips.  First stop was VEGAS!!  We had a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep meeting there.  We stayed at the Wynn, our first time at this hotel and it was FAB!!  Ryan and Jeff did some finagling at the front desk and scored us suites that were amazing!!!

Seriously one of the nicest rooms I have stayed in!!  Let me just say I love Vegas, but not for the gambling....I am more of a show seeing & shopping Vegas traveler.  Luckily the Reeds our friends are the same!


On Sunday night we went to see "O" at the Bellagio hotel....it was just wonderful!!  I loved it!!  After the show we came back to the Wynn to have a late dinner at SW, the food was SO great!!
Angie and I spent the day shopping while the boys were at the meetings.  This was so not typical for us, but we got sucked in at a skincare shop and this lady was putting all kinds of stuff on us for anti aging miracles.  She was a SALES lady, I told Ryan she would have made a fabulous car salesman!!  She showed us pictures of "real housewives" that had been in and bought the products and was just laying on her sales pitch!  She did say that Angie and I were the toughest cookies, she couldn't get us to commit, HA!!  I admit that the products were pretty amazing but let me tell ya, so was the $$ tag!!!  We FINALLY snuck our way out of the store and I will NEVER make that mistake again, look away shoppers, LOOK AWAY!!!!!!!
Angie and I did have a great day of shopping, we had so much fun!  After the great skincare debacle 2012 we headed back to our favorite bar at the Wynn and told Angela (our favorite bartender) that we needed something strong!  She made us a drink called the "piano".  Let me tell you, it only took a couple and Angie and I were singing alright, HA!!  
The boys found us at the bar after their meetings, and they had some catching up to do!!

On Monday night we all attended the Dodge dinner meeting at the MGM. 

 Here are Angie and I with Chrysler CEO, Sergio Marchionne.........
Crazy way to get a glass of wine.........
After the dinner, we had some special entertainment from Jerry Seinfeld.  He was really funny!!  On Tuesday we had a relaxing day by the pool and then onto some more shopping and like 5 minutes of gambling.  Tuesday night we went to dinner at Lavo, it was an Italian place from the owners of TAO.  Lavo was SO good!!  After dinner we headed to meet some other friends for drinks and had a great time catching up.  

We were up early on Wednesday trading Vegas for Nashville and the Dodge meeting for the Ford meeting.  It was a long day of travel, but we finally arrived in Nashville and were ready for a night out on the town.  
We had dinner downtown at Southern Oyster and Steaks, it was really good! After dinner we walked around downtown and looked at all the tourist stops like Tootsie's and The Stage.  Next we headed to a bar recommended by a friend called Losers.  It is more of a local hangout, a lot of Vanderbilt kids were there and we felt really OLD!!  We happened to be there on a great night they were having a benefit for something and Kevin Anderson and Heidi Newfield were playing.  Besides looking like old crazy people it was a great time! 

On Thursday after the Ford meetings we walked around at the Grand Ole Opry.....
Thursday night we had another meeting and dinner, the usual.  It was a fun trip with friends!  BUSY and lots of travel, but great memories made and a little work mixed in!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty certain I could have LIVED in that bathroom of yours in Vegas! FABULOUS and HUGE!

    I love Vegas for the gambling. There, I said it. I can't be in that city unsupervised. Ha!

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete